The Zoo Parc de Beauval
The Zoo Parc de Beauval hosts 10 000 animals of 600 different species on more than 40ha, it is the biggest zoo in France. It is located in St-Aignan-sur-Cher in Loir-et-Cher (41).
You will find rare animals such as pandas, koalas, tree-kangaroos or okapis but also more common ones such as lions, giraffes, and gorillas as well as birds of prey. The ZooParc de Beauval has been growing year after year, adding new species or areas every time. For example, in 2016, a new pool for hippos was created and visitors can now see them from underwater. In 2018, Beauval hosts 2 new species, arctic wolves and cheetahs.
There are animations every day, you can join the animal keepers when they feed the animals, they will also tell you about their habits and lifestyle.
There are 2 shows that take place during the day :
– “L’Odyssée des Lions de Mer » is a show where agile sea-lions play in the aquatic amphitheatre.
– “Les Maîtres des Airs” is an open-air show of 500 birds in the green amphitheatre.
Our advice when you start planning your visit
1. Be there at the very beginning of the day and (buy your tickets at the tourist office) before so that you can save a few euros and avoid the line at the entrance! It opens at 9 am and is open all year round.
2. Plan your visit before going, choose the places you want to see and ask for the schedule of the shows. Don’t forget to go and see the new animals added to the zoo too!
3. Make sure to bring a good pair of shoes and water bottles because you’re going to walk a lot during the day! You’ll be able to have lunch in one of the many restaurants around the zoo or you could also bring your picnic to eat it outside (don’t forget to tell them at the entrance to get back in after).
4. Charge your phone and / or camera overnight to take beautiful pictures of the numerous animals in Beauval